The Makeup // Travel Edit | Em

Oh Hey Guys its Em,

Today I am writing a makeup travel post, showing you all the bits and pieces that I am taking on holiday with me.  I am actually going on a cruise in a few weeks time (AHHH) so I thought I better get packing you know.



This is my makeup bag.  It is from Alphabet Bags and I love it a lot.  I think the big initial is just perfect, it is so simple yet classy.


I may aswell start with the base first.  When I go abroard I always take darker makeup than usual, otherwise nothing matches when I arrive.  I chose the BB Cream from Maybelline as I loved this last year.  From what I remember it is very light on the skin, but still gives good coverage.  For powder I will be using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, in Silky Beige.  I am taking two concealers, one is the Lasting Perfection Concealer from Collection in warm medium 3, the other is the Boots Coverup cream in Medium.  Currently the Collection concealer is the perfect shade, so when I tan I can use this as a highlighting concealer instead (AHH CLEVER;))


For my accessory products, (what I mean by that is blush, bronzer and highlight) I am taking Mac MSF in Soft and Gentle, my go to highlighter all year around.  Also Hoola Bronzer by Benefit which is just perfection in a little pot, and the blush of choice is the Baked Blush by Elf in Peachy Cheeky.  This is a lovely summer shade as it brings out the peachy tones in your complexion.



AHH EYEBROWS!  I am going to be using the MUA Palette in Ever After, as this can double as both an eyeshadow palette, and an eyebrow filler.  For natural looking brows I use the bottom left shade, but otherwise I use the middle bottom shade, and the far right bottom shade mixed together.  To prevent my brows from moving everywhere, I use the clear mascara from Boots to set them in place.


My favourite makeup to do has to be eyes.  I am going to be taking two Mascaras, one of which is the Big Bold mascara from NYC which is not waterproof.  I love the formula of this for making a non clumpy look.  Also my very old looking Max Volume Flash Waterproof from Rimmel will be used poolside.  I wanted to take a palette with pinks, golds, and browns in it (not being greedy or anything haha) , so I thought my MAC one would do the best job.  Also then I have the excuse to have a look in duty free for MAC pan eyeshadows. Hold your horses, I'll be doing a whole post on the shades in the near future.  My eyeshadow base is the MUA tint in Stay, a shimmery champagne colour.  Lastly I thought the best eyeliner would be the They're Real push up liner, merely because it should be waterproof, and I wanted to give it a general try out.  I am sure I'll do a full review soon.


I find it the hardest to wittle down lip products.  I tried to go for one nude, one pink and one red, but the gloss kinda snuck its way in... The gloss is the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Picnic in the Park, a beautiful baby pink shade.  The nude is Kate Moss Rimmel no.7, my alltime fave.  The red is Ladybug by MAC which was on recommendation from Dijesstive I think.  Finally my go to lip at the mo. is MAC Speak Louder, a shocking but wearable pink, perfect for the summer.


I thought I better include the primer of choice which is the Porefessional, this one is actually my mums, so that will be travelling in her makeup bag, but you know we share, or I steal;)

I hope you enjoyed reading this,
Always, Em xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts so much :) I've nominated you for the Liebster award , you can find information here : http://dontburstmybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've nominated you for The Liebster Award as think your blog really deserves it :) This is a great way to discover smaller blogs! More info on what to do in our post here..
    http://2peasinapodblog2.blogspot.com/?spref=tw
    2 Peas In A Pod Blog x

    ReplyDelete