A Comparison | Em

Hey its Em,

Today I am going to be writing a comparison post (duh) all about eyeshadows.  If you watch my YouTube Videos then you will know that I recently purchased two KIKO eyeshadow sticks, and two MUA eyeshadow sticks.  I already had two of the Collection ones.  Today I thought I'd write a little review post telling you my favourites and my opinions on each one.


Collection Eyeshadow Pencils
The two Collection sticks I have are called Vanilla Sky (1) and Hot Chocolate (4).  Now these pencils are very smooth and creamy.  The formula is very pigmented however I dislike how you have to use a pencil sharpener to sharpen these sticks.  I don't have a sharpener big enough, therefore I get a bit stuck, and I can't use any more product, very very annoying.  The colours I have are very pretty.  I love a smokey eye with Vanilla Sky in the inner corners and under the brow bone.  These are £3.19 from Boots // link

Mua Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tints
Another drugstore fave are from MUA.  I have the colours Stay and Bring it Back.  Stay is a gorgeous champagne pearl shade.  Bring it Back is a bronze brown shade, which I think will look beautiful in the winter.  I find this formula is far less creamy that the other two, however I find they are awesome as a base as they stay stuck to your eyelids.  These are £3.00 from Superdrug // link

KIKO Eyeshadow Pencils
The KIKO ones are my favourite of them all.   I have the shades 05 and 37.  05 is very similar to Hot Chocolate from Collection, a very shimmery brown shade.  I find it is less pigmented than Hot Chocolate however, but I find the KIKO one much long lasting, and they are much creamier.  Now 37 is a maroon, wow this is very different to my usual to say the least.  Its a deep red shade, with bluey browny undertones.  I think I'll do tutorial using this in the winter time, I can imagine it would look gorgeous with a plum eye.  I agree with the 8 hour non-transfer eyeshadow claim, this one was the best at staying put on my arm.  These are £6.90 direct from KIKO // link
From Left to Right: KIKO, Collection, MUA
Despite being the most expensive, my favourite formula has to be the KIKO range, and they also have the largest colour selection.  I really hope I will be picking many more of these up soon.

I hope you enjoyed this post,

Always, Em xx


No comments:

Post a Comment