Devon '14 | Em

Hey you people,

South Milton Sands 
South Poole

The Millbrook Inn, South Poole

Scallops at the Venus Cafe

Steak and Chips at the Venus Cafe

Milkshakes at Sailor V, Salcombe

Ice Cream at Salcombe Dairy

Picnics on the beach
The view from the South Sands Ferry

Dartmouth
Today I am writing a post all about my recent holiday to Devon.  I have been to Devon around 6 times, and I have stayed in the same place for 4 trips.  My family absolutely love visiting Devon as it is so beautiful and relaxing.

The Journey

I'm not going to lie to you, the journey there was rather horrific.  The trip normally takes between 4-5 hours, but due to traffic problems it took around 6.  My journey was taken up by editing and watching Harry Potter. I attempted to write a blog post, but then I felt rather ill... It didn't help that we just ate egg sandwhiches either!  When we finally arrived the Cottage seemed homely and friendly.

The Accomodation

When in Devon we stay in Kingsbridge, a beautiful town overlooking the estuary.  Its so lovely and very close to towns like Salcombe and South Poole.  We stay at West Charleton Grange, a converted farm with many cottages.  Its a self catering holiday complex with a large green, a play area, a mini tennis court and an indoor swimming pool - all perfect for families.

The Trips

We visited a lot of different beaches over the week.  On the Monday we went to South Milton Sands, however the weather was very cloudy not very warm... The beach itself was beautiful, with lots of scenery.  On Tuesday we went to Blackpool sands, which has a lovely beach cafe where we had dinner.  On the Wednesday we went to our favourite place ever, SALCOMBE!  I love it here as the views are to die for, the shops are so cute and the ice cream is just perfection...;) We spent the rest of the day on North Sands Beach.  The following day was spent on South Sands Beach, a must visit.


My family and I had a lovely trip and I am very grateful to be able to go on such wonderful holidays!

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Always, Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment